Alternative Loans Privacy & Policies
Alternative Loans is proud of policies and procedures used to protect each individuals personal information as it is collected and maintained on behalf of our clients. Access to personal information is granted to our agents under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Collection and Use of Information
To briefly get to know each individuals unique financial needs and make calculated decisions in regards to new services which could help reach your goals, Alternative Loans collects personal information from variety of sources. Some personal information and some reasons it is collected include, but is not limited to, are:
- A) Data such as name, address, contact numbers, email contact, income, employment, age, net worth, investment objectives, and banking information;
- B) Unique identifiers: such as social insurance, driver’s license, passport numbers, etc.; used to fulfill regulatory and other governmental obligations to distinguish you from other clients with similar names;
- C) Information from a consumer reporting agency or other source, which may include account information and/or information about your creditworthiness. Alternative Loans uses this information to help determine the mortgage product that is suitable for your mortgage needs.
Alternative Loans collects this information in order to provide the services you have requested, and to help us determine how Alternative Loans or other non-affiliated companies may be of service to you.
Guidelines for Disclosure of Information
- A) Alternative Loans may provide information to credit bureau agencies, financial institutions, insurers, private investors, creditor life company and other institutions.
- B) Alternative Loans shall use the information to determine your financial situation for purposes related to services that you have requested from Alternative Loans. Alternative Loans may also provide the information to others that work for Alternative Loans, but only as needed for the provision of those services specified.
- C) Alternative Loans shall use your social insurance number as an aid to identify you with credit bureau agencies and financial institutions for credit history file matching purposes.
- D) Alternative Loans may use your information to promote Alternative Loans services to you.
Alternative Loans will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual(s) or as required by law.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Alternative Loans will retain Personal Information only for so long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained and to meet our professional requirements as set out our governing regulatory bodies and/or any other legal requirement, statutory or otherwise, from time to time.
Alternative Loans seeks to maintain adequate protection to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of Clients' Personal Information in the care of the Alternative Loans uses various methods to protection to protect your personal information, including physical security, computer and electronic security, destruction of information no longer needed, and contractual protections with third party data processors.